Are any of your teeth weakened? Do you have worn or misshapen teeth? For patients who need to restore the size, strength, strength, and appearance of a tooth, Dr. Gerald Hansen and Dr. Austin Braun may recommend a dental crown in Reno, Nevada. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth. Our doctors may place a dental crown to serve the following purposes:
- To protect a weakened tooth from breaking
- To hold together a cracked tooth
- To restore a broken or badly worn tooth
- To support a tooth with a large filling
- To secure a dental bridge in place
- To cover teeth that are misshaped or stained
- To cover a dental implant
- To improve the appearance of a tooth
When placing a dental crown, our doctors will first take an X-ray to check the tooth roots and bone for decay or infection. If necessary, a root canal treatment may be performed before a crown is placed. The tooth is prepared for the crown placement. Our dentist will take a digital impression of the tooth so that a crown may be designed and milled. Digital impressions of the teeth above or below will also be taken. Our office uses CEREC® technology, which allows us to make and place dental crowns in one visit. Traditional crowns take about two weeks to be constructed. Our dentist will check the fit of the crown, make any necessary adjustments, and cement the dental crown into place.
We encourage you to contact Hansen Cosmetic Family Dentistry today to learn more and to schedule a visit.